Once upon a time, when cameras didn't exist, magazines used illustrators to recreate trendy outfits for their readers. I was the time of elegant silhouettes, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Jacqueline Kennedy, and other "black and white" icons.
|David Downton - Lauralaine|
Others are mixing academic drawing with modern designs, such as Frenchies Cédric Rivrain ( http://www.cedricrivrain.com/ ), inspired by models such as Kate Moss, Monsieur Qui ( http://www.myspace.com/monsieurqui ), who invade streets with melancholic beauties, or ëlodie ( http://www.elodie-illustrations.net/ ) and her gorgeous women.
- Book 100 Years of Fashion Illustration, Cally Blackman
- Nina Borowski's article http://nina-borowski.livejournal.com/558.html
- Illustrator Sophie Griotto's website http://www.sophiegriotto.com/
- Illustrator Petra Dufkova's artwork http://www.illustrationweb.com/illustrators/home_large.asp?artist_id=3348
- Illustrator Akari Inoguchi's gallery http://www.akariinoguchi.com/
- Illustrator Cécile Mancion's blog http://www.cecilemancion.com/blog/
- The Fashion Week Illustrée, French website http://www.fashionweekillustree.fr/