Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
Looking Forward to Looking Back for Fall
Edited by: Ann of Holier than Now
Every season begins with looking back: the designers revisit trends of yore, and we fling open our oversized Tupperware bins and dig through the back of our closets to see just what it was we wore this time last year. Despite the thrill of new trends, most of us probably feel that the first Fall shopping we should do is in our own closet (View from 5 ft. 2 and Your Saving Style inspire on this front). Next step: after considering your bank account, and perhaps the pros and cons of fast fashion (see: Consumerism Killed My Soul), a visit to your local thrift store or flea market for vintage finds might replace that mall excursion you were imagining. With a wealth of inspiration from the blogosphere, there’s never been a better time to invest in – or just be inspired by – style from the past.
Links à la Mode: August 26th
- A La Modest- Note-worthy Fashion in Indie Films + Shows.
- Beyond Fabric- Incorporating Traditional Local Items in Your Style
- Cloud of Secrets- Dior and decadent 18th Century Deshabille
- Consumerism Killed My Soul- The Pros and Cons of Fast Fashion
- Eco-Fashionista- Don’t Accept Diamonds from Strangers: The Provenance of Diamonds
- (Fred and) Ginger (in Prague)- Classic Books as Inspiration for Fall
- Holier than Now- 5 Catalogs to (Secretly) Shop for Fall
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Beef Up Your Blogging Biceps at Evolving Influence
- Love From Lou Lou- Vintage 70′s Images to Inspire Your Interpretation of Fall’s 70′s Trend
- Kramey Martin- What Would Nancy Drew Wear?
- Lovely & Lavish- Collegiate Cool: College-inspired Looks
- Pull Your Socks Up- Why Do You Wear Vintage?
- Retro Chick- 60′s Chic Hits This Season’s Runways
- Seven Style Notes- Vintage Family Photos for Style Inspiration
- The Column of Samantha Tyler- The Flamboyant Comeback of the Hat
- The Haute Hoosier- Personal Style Icon: How to Get Zelda’s Fitzgerald’s Look
- The New Professional – Foundations: Underpinnings for a Smooth Work Look
- The Taxonomy of My Wardrobe- A Look Back at the Style Icons Behind Fall’s Aviator Jacket
- View from 5 ft. 2- Use What You Have to Interpret Fall’s Trends
- What 2 Wear Where- Paris: Les Arts Décoratifs History of Contemporary Fashion
- Your Saving Style- Revamp: From a Dress to (An Awesome High-Waisted) Skirt
Source : http://heartifb.com/